Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Choice

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Assalamualaikum, and may peace be upon u all.

I've received an e-mail inviting me to contribute something onto this blog. Frankly speaking, I'm not a very educated person as far as Islam is concerned in which an ustaz, or imam, etc, are. But, for the sake of duty towards Allah, The Almighty God, I feel that I should share no matter how little my knowledge is. So, here I am sharing my little thoughts with all of you.

I find that comparative religion is a very interesting and important field. Reason being, I keep wondering why are there so many religions on the face of the earth when the truth is only one. Being a Muslim, I understood that only believers will be granted Paradise whereas unbelievers will be placed in the blaze of Hell. I began to feel since then, how lucky I am to be granted Iman/Belief since I was born. What if I was born not to Muslim parents? Will I be able to find The Right Path, the only path that Allah accepts? A very critical question to ask. If I wouldn't,Nauzubillah, I could not imagine the price that I have to pay for that on The Day of Judgement. Alhamdullillah, praise be to Allah, I can never thank Allah enough for granting me the Iman since I was born.

Most of us today, we blindly adopted and follow certain religions. Our friends are Christians because their parents are Christians, they are Buddhist, Hindus, Jews, etc and even Muslim friends are who they are because their parents are so. Some decided to pull themselves out of the issue by becoming Atheists. I admit, even I myself adopted Islam because my parents are Muslims. Otherwise, I'm not sure which one will I choose if i were to given choices. So, for not being able to choose before, now I decided that I must not just adopted Islam but I MUST CHOOSE Islam.

What do I meant by CHOOSE? 'Choose' by the definition: pick out as being the best of two or more alternatives. Hence, what I meant by CHOOSING Islam is literally means, I pick Islam as The Best religion/way of life in relative to other religions on earth. In order to choose Islam, I must therefore understand what Islam and all other major religions have to offer. After knowing these, only then will I be convinced that I have made the right decision in choosing Islam and convinced that Islam is the one and only religion of truth.

To our Muslim readers, how about you? Have u really CHOOSE Islam?
Then, how about our Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and also Atheists friends then?

to be continued, Insyaallah...
Jazakallahu khayran.

(I most welcome and will be very delightful and grateful to receive any comments/critics, for I'm just a servant of Allah with numerous mistakes and weaknesses)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

from mr president
Teruskan update blog & promosikan content2nya..

Wassalam

thinker.. said...

how comparative religion study drive you to know about urself as Muslim?? i used to know they will learn about Islam then just followed by other religion if they are Muslims. Besides,I notice not all Muslim interested in such thing... they are more concern on da'wah among Muslim..please correct me if i am wrong bout this

2nd)
do you learn this to attract ur non-muslim friends to revert?? if not what is ur prior concern??

The Choice said...

thank you for comments posted.

to thinker,
It is very difficult for me to answer your first question in one sentence but it will be answered gradually as I continue to post, Insyaallah...

for your 2nd question,
my real intention at the beginning on why I learn something on comparative religion is not because I want to attract my non-muslim friends but to actually equip my own self with weapons in order to defence Islam and to defence myself against certain questions. I've posted these questions in 'The Choice - part 2' post.
thank you for your comments, I really appreciate it.

Followers